Search

Sunday, April 17, 2011

EpigeneticsEh!

copper wire hexagon
Been working on the painting for the upcoming epigenetics conference in London. My thoughts so far have been to work with the idea of discovery. What I'd like to end up with is a piece where parts of the painting move but always hide or obscure some part of the work at the at the same time. To that end, I have made three hexagons of copper and coated them with epoxy so the spaces in between are translucent. I am thinking that I will mount magnets under the corners of the copper and I found these gorgeous marbles to put on top to act as "handles". The painting itself is made up of 9 hexagons with the substrates attached to the back, so the framework is showing.

My thoughts are leaning to something similar to "Balance" with science occupying the imagery on the left and faith the right. We'll see how it goes. Right now, I'm just starting the imagery. The structure took a fair bit of time to work out and build.

No comments:

Post a Comment